Piranhas are fish that people see as either beautiful or a menace. However you see them, you will find it difficult to find someone who does not admire them. They are intriguing creatures with amazing colors, providing they are in the right surroundings. This article is going to look at some of the most basic care tips for a red-bellied piranha, and what you can do to ensure they are happy in their new home.
- Adults will need a large aquarium, often more than 100 gallons if you are housing a few in there.
- The pH level of the water should be as close to 7 as you can get, a bit closer to 6.5 if you can.
- Water temperature should be between 75 and 80F (23.8 – 26.6C).
- Do not keep other fish in the same aquarium.
- Regularly feed them a balanced diet (NOT live). If they get too hungry, they may start to eat each other. We will create an article about this later.